For all its issues, I love being a Kenyan. And every day, I find things that continuously cause my heart to swell with pride at being a Kenyan.
- The people. (Politicians don’t count, politicians are animals!)
- Delicious water.
- Tasty sausages (anyone who’s eaten a Sausage outside Kenya? Them things is nasty!)
- Jambo Bwana, Hakuna Matata. (Okay, so these days, it’s used ironically, but still you gotta love Them Mushrooms)
- Wide Open spaces.
- The great writers; Whispers immediately comes to mind.
- The cartoonists who’ve stood the test of time and consistently manage to be funny; Gado (wait, he’s Tanzanian, right?), Stano, and, without a doubt, Maddo.
Well, on Saturday 6th June, there we were! In Madd Madd World!
Well, not as characters or anything, but STILL, Maddo slotted us into his page. He called us an “extrachromosomal Kenyan rock group”. I don’t know what that is, but man! I’ve never felt as patriotic as I did when I saw that. It ROCKS to be Kenyan!
God bless Kenya!